Membership in the South Carolina Apartment Association provides valuable networking opportunities through affiliate events such as luncheons, golf tournaments, business exchanges, educational classes, Awards Banquets, and appreciation events.
Membership Committee’s mission statement is: “Develop and implement comprehensive, technology-driven strategies that promote member engagement and affiliate integration with the SCAA; improve SCAA’s brand recognition; and inform and engage the membership around news and events relevant to the SC Multifamily Housing Industry. The committee will develop, promote, and deliver SCAA products and services that are valuable resources for its members and create sustainable revenue for SCAA.”
Membership Committee Chair:
Christy Dukes, Rent.com
Membership Committee Makeup:
- The SCAA President shall appoint the committee chair.
- The SCAA president shall appoint the Vice Chair.
- Each SCAA Affiliate shall appoint at least 1 owner/manager or supplier member to the committee.
- In the event an Affiliate fails to appoint a member to the committee the SCAA President may appoint an individual on their behalf.
- The SCAA President shall be an ex-officio member of this committee.
- 51% of members shall constitute a quorum.
- Other individual members may join this committee upon approval by the committee chair.
The Membership committee shall be responsible for the following:
- Conducting outreach and developing consistent meetings with SCAA’s affiliates to determine needs; expanding scope based on needs.
- Working with Executive Committee to develop roadshow to promote SCAA around the state.
- Developing SCAA/membership collateral to be shared with local affiliates.
- Oversee the creation of members-only section of SCAA website. Specifically, the development of content/services that may be provided.
- Coordinating with the Education Committee to determine higher education seminars and statewide webinar products to members.